> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I live in Dallas, Texas and just spent $25K on my foundation...
Login | Register

I live in Dallas, Texas and just spent $25K on my foundation...

Posted by Steve Jones on August 28th, 2000 06:41 PM
In reply to URGENT HELP: New Home Post-Tension slab cracks by Andres Janet Callegari on August 28th, 2000 12:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

Well you know what will happen when this much needed rain hits, your foundation will again resettle.

You know when they build new road beds, they always periodically water the foundation for settling purposes. Well, why they don't do this when building new homes is beyond me.

Building a home on earth that has not seen water in 59 days is settled and compacted due to loss of moisture. Then the rain hits and your cracks will even worsen as the earth not swells up with the added water. you know the drill.

I would not buy the home especially after I just went through a very hectic project at my home.

If you do, then I would get something in writing with pictures taken up close and a legal binding agreement that if the cracks worsen and my walls crack and my doors don't shut and my windows are ajar, then you have recourse. But, I can tell you they will not sign Jack. There are too many people in line for a home and they will just so whatever to you.

How long do you plan to make this your home? Do your have long range goals that include a larger home and a transfer out of the area? If you do, then you might want to consider it, but then you have to deal with the cracks and defects when you put it on the market and also the inspectors may flag all this for repairs paid by you, the seller.

Again, I would not buy it, but in Texas the next home especially new ones are the same way.

Good Luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC