> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I know what the wrench is anyway.
Login | Register

I know what the wrench is anyway.

Posted by guy from another board on December 27th, 2002 05:27 PM
In reply to ratched wrench by HJL on December 27th, 2002 04:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

A refrigeration ratchet wrench refers to the type of wrench used to open and close the valves inside of an air conditioning condenser. It's made to turn the square stems of valves and is special to this application. Most everything built in the last 10 years uses a t-handle allen wrench, but some of the old stuff still has stem valves. Both ends ratchet, one end has a 3/16's and 1/4 inch square hole, and the other end has a 5/16's and 3/8 inch square holes. they cost about 10 bucks from any heating/cooling supply house. As far as screwdrivers with clutches, I would stick to the standard stuff.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC