renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I know this posting is old...however....
Login | Register

I know this posting is old...however....

Posted by Mark K on August 13th, 2002 12:53 PM
In reply to Crawl Space Vent fans?? by Mike B on August 9th, 2000 11:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have the same problems that you guys have, I reside in Northern , IL, and have done what most of you have tried, and its slowly working...

I have a crawl space in two sections, (IE one deep section under the original house, and one shallow section under the addtion someone put in before me...

I can do nothing about the shallow section as its only about 10 inches deep...

But the deep section 3ft, I have gone down there and vapoer barriered the dirt/pea gravel floor, and also while down there insulated most of the crawl space that I could get to with faced insulation, on top of that I vapor barriered the floor joists too with 6 mil vapor barrier.......the crawl space is about 15 by 20 with an outcropping of 14 x 14 it has two vents on the western side of the foundation that are 9 by 12. and one vent area that used to be in the old car port that was finaly attached to the house and has been added as a full garage. That vent as I can guess is useless now so closing it up would be helpful? since it only vents into the garage now (so three total vents, one that needs to be removed )

Now my question if someone could just email me at m_kahle@attbi.com...is now that I have done these things, how do I get rid of the musty smell down there from past water... I have heard 1 cup of bleach in a gallon of water and wipe down the concrte foundation and when its dry spray foundation waterproofing paint on the walls, amd I wrong in this?

Thanks for any of your help in advance

Mark

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC