> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I know I'm going to sound like an @#&hole,but,,,,,
Login | Register

I know I'm going to sound like an @#&hole,but,,,,,

Posted by Ron J. on April 26th, 2002 06:20 AM
In reply to exterior restoration of 110 year old queen anne vict. mansion by rodney hairston on April 25th, 2002 03:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

How come people in our trade are always expected to do the job for nothing,or drastically reduce our price.I've got a customer that are elderly and did cut them some slack on the price. Every time I talk to her she want me to cut the cost even more. This winter. made a bid to do some ceiling work and various others repairs. Bid $800.00, {worth every penny }.Were talking about drywall removal and respraying popcore texture. Install some crown molding and other things. They only expected me to do this for maybe $200-$300.00 dollars. Told them to find someone else.I wonder if these people ask to have there car fixed if they ask for a reduced rate,or ask the electric company to not charge them as much because there car has high visibility.Rodney,please don't take this personally,it's just that because the customer is low on funds, doesn't mean we want to do the job for nothing or be low on funds ourself.OK I'm done, now everyone can call me a jerk for spouting off like this. Ron J.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC