> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I knew I would get feedback
Login | Register

I knew I would get feedback

Posted by Scott on September 23rd, 2002 07:05 PM
In reply to Here it goes by Moderator, Steve on September 23rd, 2002 04:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

with the price that I charge, and that is OK.I know that when I leave I will not get called back to fix a sag or a leak,and the door looks and works like it was built with the house.(although that doesn't mean much now days)I did mention that I have replaced OLD wood doors and I have had to cut brick or siding,rip brickmold,remove cripples,cut drywall,build up thresholds,flash thresholds,etc..etc..If You can't plumb and square a new door in the existing opening things have to be done to make it right.Things may go smooth in a newer home,but in older homes,there was no age given on this townhome,I have never spent less than 5hrs to get a door to work to my satisfaction.Steve,does" here it goes" mean you think I may be offended by your remarks?Never,I respect and admire you for what you have done and still do for this site,and there have been times when you have put me in my place,and times when you have backed me also,but on this I know of what I speak in the Chi Town area.I have also been called to fix doors that H.D..Menards,Sears have installed for much less than me.Im not going to mention what I charge for that!I hope D. doesn't get any more confused,but takes all these points to mind when getting prices.Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC