> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Hear Ya ...
Login | Register

I Hear Ya ...

Posted by Jay J on August 22nd, 2000 12:38 PM
In reply to Jay J by tj on August 22nd, 2000 12:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

... But just to save me $$$ isn't enough. I want the big picture. It might cost me $1,500 for a new tub and $1,000 to fix it but will I be back 'at it' again in 2 years (like the lady said?) You may have a hard time convincing 'that lady' that a 2nd refinishing for another $1000 is worth it. Assuming it is, then she could have gotten a new tub for $1,500 and save $500. If you're 'in business to save all customers money', then I hope you have the courage (for lack of better words) to tell them that putting another $1,000 isn't worth it (assuming 'that lady' doesn't have to jump through some special hoops to 'take care of her tub'.) If the fiberglass tubs/stalls of today are 'thinner' than the ones from 'yesterday', then how much more 'life' can you breath into the fiberglass? Are you saying that you can do 'better' than the original mfgr. (assuming the customer treats their tub as they always do?)

I'm still interested in hearing what it is that one must do to 'take care of a tub' other than what you read/see on the containers of cleaner. (How do you 'abuse a tub'?) I hope I'm not abusing it by standing in it to shower and running water in it! I mean, if ther are certain 'things' one must do to 'take care of' a REFURBISHED fiberglass tub/stall, I'm listening. (To which I still say, but why? Because I never got any 'care instructions' with my tubs or stalls.)

Right now, with what little I know, I just assume I cut my losses and spend a few extra $$$ for a new tub that SHOULD last more than 2 years. No, I didn't look at 'that lady's' tub to see if it was properly installed. That's neither here nor there. I can't say anything about that, either way.

Jay J

PS: I mean no professional discourtesy but if you reply, please answer my questions. And this is all I have to say. Like you, I have my reservations. (I'd still like to know the answers to the above questions. Thanks in advance for that, and stick around - the Forum can use another Pro.)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC