> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I have the same question and more...
Login | Register

I have the same question and more...

Posted by jb on April 12th, 2002 10:46 AM
In reply to Starting A/C unit in spring by Al on April 12th, 2002 10:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm in a similar way, just having my first winter. One thing that I do every once in a while is put a little bleach in the sump pump to discourage funky growing stuff in the line that could back up the line.

On another subject, I'm worried about what happens if my little sump ever fails (I have a furnace humidifier too that dumps into it all winter). I'm thinking of putting the existing sump into a 6" high plastic tub and putting a cheapo bilge pump style sump next to in in the pan/tub so that if the first one failed it would overflow into the tub and trigger a float switch on the backup, which would save me from a wet basement. I wouldn't worry about any batter b/u because the furnace and humidifier wouldn't come on and dump water if I didn't have power. Or, maybe I get a water detector alarm thingy. That would help against washing machine hoses busting too. Anyone know what the cheapest way to do this is?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC