> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Have Done This In The Past.....
Login | Register

I Have Done This In The Past.....

Posted by Dodgeman on June 20th, 2002 12:43 PM
In reply to Quarter size hole in carpet by Sonya on June 18th, 2002 03:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Take a round object a litle larger than the damaged area. I mean a cup, shot glass, etc. Something that has somewhat of a sharp lip on it. Put the glass or other object upside down over the damaged area, push down and turn the glass. The idea is to make a sharp outline of the glass. Now take a very sharp exact-o-knife and carefully cut out the damaged area following the outline made by the glass or cup.
Now, find a location in a closet, remote corner, etc and cut out a good piece using the same method outlined above. (too bad you don't have a scrap piece, or get a good piece from a carpet shop)
Apply some 2 part epoxy all around the edge of the "new" piece backing and carefully place it in the hole you cut out of the damaged location. The idea is to get the backing edge of the new piece glued to the backing edge of the hole. Do not glue the carpet fibers together.
I should note that this works well with most carpets, but I have never tried it with Berber type carpet.
Good Luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• carpet by Chris  6/23/02 01:56 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC