> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Have cabinet refacing answers
Login | Register

I Have cabinet refacing answers

Posted by Herrick Kimball on February 18th, 1998 10:47 PM
In reply to refacing cabinets by hmg on February 17th, 1998 11:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

Laminate cabinets can be successfully refaced with new laminate if done properly. You can also reface over the laminate cabinets with wood if you wish to change the look of the kitchen. The big question is who is doing the work? How long have they been at it?

I have written a book about how to do cabinet refacing. It's called "Refacing Cabinets: Making an Old Kitchen New" and is published by The Taunton Press. You, or anyone who might be interested in learning this craft, can see the book and read the introduction at the Taunton website bookstore. The book is also available from bookstore. I also publish a newsletter for professional cabinet refacers and have subscribers all across the country. I'm in tune with this craft and business and will be glad to help you make any decisions you have to make. I am not so pro refacing that I recommend it in all instances. Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions. Or I will answer through this forum if you wish.

Herrick Kimball
editor- Professional Kitchen Craftsman newsletter
PO Box 1117
Moravia NY 13118
PH: 315-497-9618

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC