> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I have aquaintances
Login | Register

I have aquaintances

Posted by Moderator, Steve on January 20th, 2003 05:23 PM
In reply to Builders allowances by Jim on January 20th, 2003 07:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

that do this very same thing. This should have been negociated during the contract phase of the job.

Now, consider this, as I do, if I have to go and do the shopping and wait in the lines and haul the stuff to the site. I do also charge a shopping fee. You have to think of this, my time is money and if I am doing stuff for you like shopping and buying stuff, I need compensation for this. When I go and get stuff at a home center for a job, I am on the hourly clock and I tell the people up front of this. I tell them that they can get it all and have it on the site or I will do it for them. I charge for my time.

Now 13% is not unreasonable for his time and expense, and gas and all that stuff.

I see your side also, but also consider his/her side too. I would bite the bullet on this and the next time you need supplies you do it and save the $$$$.

Maintain your relationship with the contractor if not times become really hectic.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC