> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I had bad experience
Login | Register

I had bad experience

Posted by Tom C on March 16th, 2003 07:48 AM
In reply to re-enameling a cast iron sink by lara on March 15th, 2003 08:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I had an old cast iron tub and decied to refinish it myself. I took extra care to prepare the surface. I did much sanding with emery cloth..followed manufactures directions to the letter...
I consider mayself fairly handy, have remodled several houses and built one and with good results but this tub is the exception. At first the finish coat looked good. Bright white and shiny with only one or two small runs. I used a two part epoxy called "tough as tile, tub and tile finish" It has been 3 years since the project and now the tub is yellowing and several spots where the finish came off. My next step is a sledge hammer to remove the tub and replace. Don't know if something I did wrong or what, but I would adivise you to find a professional to do the job. They have the experience and know how to insure a good they should stand behind their work if you can find someone reputable. Good Luck....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC