> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Had A Similar Size Garage Poured......
Login | Register

I Had A Similar Size Garage Poured......

Posted by Dodgeman on July 16th, 2002 01:05 PM
In reply to 2 grand to pour and finish a 28x26 cement slab for garage floor... to much? by Harold on July 15th, 2002 10:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

About 8 years ago.
Your calculation for the # of yards is correct. 11.5 yards at $78 per yard plus tax should be about $950.
In my garage which had 13 yards poured, I also had the forms in, gravel down, rebar in place. The mason showed up with 2 helpers at 8:00am to check the prep work and unload his tools. He also set up his power screed and pipes for the screed to follow. My garage was tapered towards the middle for a floor drain. This setup took until about 9:30, at which time the concrete truck came. By 10:30 all the cement was poured and floated, and by 11:00 the mason and helpers left to let the concrete set up for a couple of hours prior to doing power trowling for the final smooth finish. He then returned by himself and spent another hour trowling and cleaning and loading up. In total, he had 3 people (including himself) on the job for 3 hours and then himself for another hour. That is a total of 10 man hours of work.
I paid the cement company driver directly. My cost for the mason to pour and finish was $280. That comes to $28 an hour on the average. I'm sure the helpers got less than the owner.
Bottom line, even taking inflation into account, I think $1050 is excessive.
Shop Around,
Good Luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC