> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I for one...
Login | Register

I for one...

Posted by Steve: on September 23rd, 2001 01:17 PM
In reply to Who is Steve and Jay by Ron on September 23rd, 2001 07:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

am an independant contractor specializing in home repairs. I do all sorts of carpentry work, interior/exterior painting, and specialize in decks and arbors.

I know very littler concerning electricity and plumbing, but we have people like Harold and others that fill in that gap.

We, or I feel, that I have been blessed with information from others or hand me downs from time and I just like to do the same for others. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction when my and ours suggestions give others the relief of "fixing" and the thank you's really put the icing on the cake.

I am in my mid 50's and have alot of remedies that are from old books and just shortcuts that do work and I pass them on. Some of my remedies are out dated and others have better ideas, but all work and that is the end result.

for example: putting wooden golf tees in wallored out hinge plate holes, to shore up the sides for a new screw, and the neat one of putting a straw on the comode flange bolts to assist in the lining up of the comode base holes to the screws. I never go to a job with out tees and straws.

I enjoy what I do.

I thank all the people that come to our site.

May God Bless you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Also. by Steve:  9/23/01 10:53 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC