> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I FIXED IT!!! How to Reprogram a Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Login | Register

I FIXED IT!!! How to Reprogram a Sears Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Posted by Brad Moore on April 11th, 2003 12:59 PM
In reply to I Have Directions to Program Garage Door Keypad & Remote... by J. Johnson on November 24th, 2002 10:09 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Reprogramming a a Sears Garage Door Opener GDO by Handyman on 08/22/2006

Using the above instructions I was able to reprogram both my keyless entry pad and my remote control garage door opener! Hallelujiah! I was sure I was going to have to replace the whole dang thing.

I used the "premium" directions because I had no "SRT" learn button. I had my wife stay inside the garage with the door closed. I typed in our code and held the enter button. She pressed the light button on the opener mounted inside the garage and held it while she pushed the main button (the one we used to open the garage door). Now the keyless entry works. We didn't have to do anything with the motor like a lot of the posts mention. To reprogram the remote we followed a similar procedure (except it's a one person job). I closed the garage door. Pressed the remote button and held it. Pressed the light button and then the open button on the wall unit. It's important with either reprogramming that you HOLD in all the buttons (enter, light, opoen) until the motor lights blink. Then release all 3 simultaneously.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC