> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I don't think it's about the buck!
Login | Register

I don't think it's about the buck!

Posted by JCP on February 23rd, 2003 08:41 AM
In reply to Codes by Henry in MI on February 22nd, 2003 10:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings Again,

I have not read thru the 2003 IRC. I'm still trying to get thru the 2000 IRC for one and two-family dwellings.

I would find out if you have,(and you propbably do), a MIBOA, (Michigan Building Officials Assoc.) This is a group made up of all the Building Inspectors and Code Administrators in the state and they generally hold meetings to go over the new "proposed" Codes to see how they will effect construction in your area.

They provide the recomendations to adopt or not new Codes.

The radio guy may have more bucks to make off the new code adoption than anyone else!

It cost local municipalities to keep changing Codes because not only do they have to buy all the books, they also have to send their inspectors for training, and change all their forms.

Builders don't like changes as well. You know that "old dog, new tricks" saying. Contractors make money swinging a hammer not reading new Code books and training their help.

Maybe you should ask radio guy, "what is so great about the 2003 IRC.

People have been building stairs for many thousands of years and some of the newer Codes make it hard to build one today!

Granted, some Codes need to be updated. The Night Club in R.I. for example was not required to have a sprinkler system.

That would never happen in N.H. in places of assembly.

Good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC