> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I don't think
Login | Register

I don't think

Posted by Painter Barb on March 8th, 2001 02:14 PM

that it's going to look much better (hanging my head and moaning). Actually, it still looks terrible. Don't know where I went wrong....the rest of the ceiling looks good except for this 4 x 4 foot area. And, of course, it is directly in front of the sliding glass doors. Well, I'm hoping that when it dries entirely it will look better. Either way, I don't think that I can paint the ceiling again....
But, on a good note...the 2nd time was much easier and didn't take nearly as much time as the first. So I guess I've gotten better at it?

Now I will tackle the remaining walls...but (isn't there always a but...??) I have a ??. I had many, many holes in my walls (I love to hang things) and I filled in all the holes with spackle and sanded all nice and even. Then I primed with Kilz...but didn't prime the whole wall, just where I did the patching. Am I going to have the same problem on the walls as the ceiling? or should I now prime the entire wall? I have a feeling I know what you are going to say..but I'm hoping not. The oil based Kilz, which is what I used, stinks!!

Jay, I completely understood your post about the subflooring. And you are absolutely correct about what the home inspector does/and doesn't do. I'm going to ask the seller since it was he that put the the luaun down.

Steve, used the petro jelly and it worked great. Thanks.

Again, Painter Barb

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC