> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Don't See Why Not ...
Login | Register

I Don't See Why Not ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on July 22nd, 2001 10:44 AM
In reply to second coat? by Chris on July 22nd, 2001 12:31 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Chris,

I would suspect that as long as you're staying w/the same mfgr. and the 'models' are close in 'ingredients', I don't see why you can't do what you want to do. Just be sure to give the 1st coat the proper 'drying time' (per the Instructions.) As always, if you want to be sure of what you're doing, write down the bucket info and ctc. the mfgr. either via e-mail, WEB site, or phone. You can use the UPC #s on the bucket for the mfgr. to use as a 'refence'. Lot IDs are mainly for recalls and such. (It allows the mfgr. to 'group' their product. Usually, when a new batch is made, the Lot ID changes ...)

As an aside, if you can, next time try to find a Sealer that requires only 1 coat. Usually, the 'cheaper' brands call for 2. The mfgr. 'gets you' by charging a bit less than a 1-coat model BUT you're forced to buy MORE for the 2nd coat (but about 50% less material.) In total, you end up spending MORE on the cheap stuff.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC