> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Don't Know About You ...
Login | Register

I Don't Know About You ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on March 14th, 2001 01:24 PM
In reply to black formica by Lynda Grimm on March 14th, 2001 11:51 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Lynda,

... But if I know where cat's paw have been, I wouldn't want them walking on ANYTHING that I either eat off of or prepare food on. Like, maybe they just came from the litter box??? I apologize now if I am 'out of line'. Maybe I'm in the minority but cats on the table or the countertops is really not sanitary! You can certainly love cats but, well ..., 'nough said about that.

Anyways, there's no sealing of formica. It's not a pourous surface/material. Yes, putting a wax on it will make it streaky and show paw-prints. You should use a mild disinfectant like Lysol Kitchen Cleaner, or something. Oh, there is a wax that's used to kinda 'restore' the countertop but it's not meant to be used on a regular basis. It can be found in Home Centers like Home Depot in the aisles in or around the Kitchen and Bath Department. Is that what you're referring to???

Unless you're using Windex For Countertops (which I don't know if there's such a product), that could be the reason your new countertop is looking 'aged'. In short, use an appropriate cleaner (if you aren't already doing so) for your countertop. The Cleaning Bottles have the 'surfaces' they clean on the back of the bottle.

I do wish you well. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC