> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I do this quite often in this area
Login | Register

I do this quite often in this area

Posted by Moderator, Steve on January 20th, 2003 05:17 PM
In reply to Painting Exterior Brick by Ron Olson on January 20th, 2003 09:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

and its something that I tell all my customers that you do need to think of re sale value and curb appeal, once you apply that paint its forever painted one color or another.

What I always do is to start out 10 days before paint job to kill all the mildew with bleach. Mildew will come back and will come back through paint. Trim the hedges back at least two feet so work can be done.

Now here is what I do. Sherwin Williams makes a product called A-100. Its formulated for brick and cement and concrete. It has the paint of course inside, but also a primer and sealer too. So you are painting and sealing at the same time. It works great. I always apply three coats and any new unpainted surfaces.

Also, before painting, caulk up all those brick cracks.

Now you know that the only recomemded method of applying this paint is by sprayer.

Also, never paint this time of the year unless you know for sure that the temp that night will not fall below 55 degrees. Very important.

Could better be a summer project.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC