> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Did Check W/An Expert ...
Login | Register

I Did Check W/An Expert ...

Posted by Jay J -MOderator on November 14th, 2000 06:57 AM
In reply to Paint in clothing by Suzanne on November 13th, 2000 09:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Suz, (Hi Nicole,)

Glad you 'happened along', Suz ...

I consulted my wife on this one on the original question. (First off, she asked me "Why are you answering a post you know nothing about?" To which I replied "That's why I'm asking YOU!!!")

Unfortunately, as with your follow-up Suz, my wife didn't say anything about temp. to me. Soooo, I asked her why (after reading your reply.) She said it's moot "if you know anything about washing clothes because the only way washing clothes where the paint MAY NOT set up is if you washed everything in cold." She said if you washed everything in warm or hot, case closed - the paint would most likely get set. She did add that the dryer may actually HELP fix the problem. In other words, IF the paint dried on the 'surface' of the clothing BEFORE being washed, but was 'washed out' of the 'fiberous part' of the clothing (underneath), the dryer would 'crust' the paint on top and you may be able to 'pick' it off w/your fingernail. Hence, the clothing UNDERNEATH the dried paint would be darn close to clean after picking off the dried paint!

Well, anyways, I should know more about this if I only did the laundry. I don't usually do it because my wife is deathly afraid I won't properly 'sort' it before throwing a load in the machine. BUT, that doesn't absolve me of folding the clothes and putting most all of them away! (We're DIOKs - Dual Income, One Kid family. You know, she cooks, I clean, she dusts, I vacume, she decorates the inside, I take care of the 'outside', and so on.) You see, now it comes to me. This might all explain why 'I' would kiss the pants off and buy new ones. (Sorry, I have no excuse for myself ...)

Hey Nicole, ... Suz and I, well ... we're way off your original question as you can see. With all the respect she deserves, please do pay attention to her 'original points'. (Personal experience counts.) Hey, at worst, as w/Suz, keep those pants for paint jobs. They're pre-ruined for the next painting job! :)

See ya on the Forum, Suz. Nicole, my best to ya and hope this all helps. (And I hope you enjoyed the back-and-forth.)

Jay J -Moderator

PS: FWIW, Suz is one of 2 'ladies' that answers posts on the forum. Not enough of ya's ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC