> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Can Hear You Crying ...
Login | Register

I Can Hear You Crying ...

Posted by Jay J on November 15th, 1999 09:18 AM
In reply to PLEASE HELP by CELINE BENAVIDEZ on November 15th, 1999 01:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

First and foremost, it's not polite to SHOUT (ie., using CAPITAL LETTERS). It doesn't get you any more attention than those people who are polite and don't shout. Secondly, if you're serious about this, take some time and put a folio together and send it to Bob. The address is elsewhere on the WEB site. (I'll leave that up to you as part of showing your seriousness.)

Get pictures and project estimates as DETAILED as you are able. Put yourself in Bob's shoes. What would he want to see??? He may read this e-mail but will it get his attention?! Doubtful. It won't be enough to say what you said in an e-mail. In my opinion, as stated, you need to get serious. If I was Bob, which I'm not, but if I was, I'd want to see EVERYTHING. So start by getting contractors out to the house to do estimates. Get a few of them to provide time and material lists to you. If you don't get them, get someone who will. Don't tell them what you're doing either or you won't get the paperwork.

In the meantime, take some time and think of better reasons other than 4 kids as to why Bob should do your project. The 'potential' thing you speak of is a good start. The location is a plus too. Focus on the positives; stay away from the house from hell angle. Tell him if you're willing to help, and in what way(s). Have a BUDGET for crying out loud. ******* does charity work but it's mainly in things like Habitat For Humanity. I'm not sure to what extent he's willing to do FREE anything on his projects. Assume none and see what benefit you (and he) would get if he were to work on your house. Can you imagine how many other homes there are that he's asked to do?! THAT'S what you're competing with so keep it in mind when you're 'talking' to him.

And in closing, I don't work for I'm just a regular on the Forum. You may find that I'm the only one who responds to your post too. The SHOUTING thing keeps most 'regulars' away. I responded but took the liberty to 'speak' in a 'stern' tone. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC