> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Appreciate That, I Think ...
Login | Register

I Appreciate That, I Think ...

Posted by Jay J on July 14th, 1999 03:30 PM
In reply to Hey JJ, she said "MAY CAUSE" Nothing happened by Joe on July 14th, 1999 12:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

Paula has expressed in her own, special way her known fears about Ficus tree trunks and their root systems. Based on this fear, I don't think I'd be reaching too far in assuming that she wants to approach her neighbor about having the tree removed (in a worst case scenario).

If you don't read the same message from her post, that's OK by me. I just don't think her post warranted the short answer you gave, ie., 'quit worrying', without an explanation as to why you feel that way. 'No harm no foul' is not where I (and I speak for me) think she is coming from. She's obviously worried of the damage the roots MAY CAUSE. And that anyone can see, including yourself. Then, to say, 'Some people.' in your reply is just not necessary. If you've been on this forum as long as I have, most folks ignore posts that seem trivial, petty, annoying, silly, or whatever. As much as they'd like to say what they really feel about such posts, they don't. That's why I made my comment about your wasting energy.

In any event, I appreciate your comments about my 'help' on the forum. Certainly, I don't consider myself an expert at any of the trades, and I try to give simple insight where it might be warranted. No, I don't own this forum but it's been pretty good for quite some time. (You can see this by perusing the posts at length.) What I'm really trying to say is if you ARE an expert at one or many of the trades, save your energy for answering those posts that are up your alley. That's a way you can actually HELP someone instead of telling them in a frankly-kind-of-way to not worry. I guess if, hypothetically, you said, "Ficus root systems are not able to damage the average pool or PVC piping, quit worring", I'd see why you offered such a short answer, but you didn't. (My sample reply has an explanation.)

See ya on the Forum. PS: If you posted up your return E-MAIL address, I could keep this kind of stuff off of the forum and talk to you more directly. This thread is more than it should be, I admit.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC