> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Agree, And More ...
Login | Register

I Agree, And More ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on August 1st, 2001 08:46 AM
In reply to FYI by Steve: on July 31st, 2001 09:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Neil,

I agree w/Steve:. I never got an answer to how you keep the Grout 'white'. What I wanted to know was: Before the tile is reglazed, does the grout have to be removed first? The reason I ask this is because, if it isn't, then the grout is the color of the tile too!!! To me, that would look 'silly'. And, at the same time, if later on, you needed to regrout due to 'age', then when the old grout is removed and the new grout is sponged in, I'd bet you'd see 'lines' and 'shadows' of the OLD tile's color showing!

If you end up having the tile re-done, get your estimates, then after that, ask if doing the demolition yourself would save any $$$. Ripping out tile is kinda fun. (You gotta be careful of wiring and plumbing so be SURE it's all turned off if you do the demolition.) Of course, you'll have to get rid of the 'stuff' you rip out. Oh, and after you're finished doing the demo, SLOWLY turn the water back on to look for 'leaks'. And turn the electricity back on too to be sure that all works too. Then, 'mark' the breakers for the Contractor, and tell him where the shut-offs are for the bathroom. Do replace any 'bad/damaged' insulation that may have gotten wet. Inspect what you can and replace what you can. (You're gonna be 'in' there only once, you hope.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: If you're redoing the floor, inspect and fix/replace what you can.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC