> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > I Agree, And More ...
Login | Register

I Agree, And More ...

Posted by Jay J on August 10th, 2000 07:58 AM
In reply to gutterless by Henry in MI on August 10th, 2000 04:47 AM [Go to top of thread]

Here are 2 recent posts. Going Gutterless and">rain dispersal systems

Prune your trees back and just be sure your gutters are installed properly. Get a hose up there quick and fill those gutters! As they drain, inspect where the water runs. Extend the downspouts at least 3' from the foundation. Make sure you have POSITIVE sloping AWAY from the foundation.

A couple of things to consider are seamless gutters. They're made ON-SITE to the length of the roof line. (A small truck comes with a roll of sheet-aluminum and a 'bender' to shape the gutter.) COnsider hidden-hangers too. This way you won't see the gutter-hangers. In SE PA, expect to pay about $3.25 per foot for seamless gutters w/hidden hangers. They're BOTH worth it IMO. Your Siding Contractor doesn't have to be the one to install the gutters because almost ALL of these contractors hang the Standard Length gutters you find in the Home Center. (You'll have seams if you go this route.) Look in the Yellow Pages under GUTTER & DOWNSPOUTS. The 'seamless' contractors should have Ads and such saying they do seamless gutters. Oh, I'm assuming you don't live in the desert and that snow and/or ice is 'normal' in Winter.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC