> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > HVAC System not working.
Login | Register

HVAC System not working.

Posted by Pam on April 11th, 2002 06:50 AM

Once again I have a questions that I'm hoping you will help me with.

Last December I had a new heating/cooling system installed. I had a Lennox gas heating system (new heat pump and gas furnace with propane backup) installed. I thought that for once I would be warm. No such luck. I still froze all winter. I had the insulation guy out to insulate my attic and basement... he told me the reason that I was freezing was that the air was not blowing through most of the vents sufficiently. Sure enough when I felt the vents in the warm rooms it was a nice steady stream of air... in the cold rooms, hardly anything.

This really upset me because not only did I pay for a furnace to satisfy the heating requirements for my house, but I also paid for a larger unit to handle an eventual addition with windows and a cathedral ceiling.

My HVAC guy first turned the fan speed up and then had me take the temperatures in various rooms and sure enought there was about a 7-8 degree difference. Now he says he wants to add duct work to the basement and add vents to the first floor above. (all my vents are int he ceiling) I am not convinced that this is the solution... especially considering that the unfinished basement vents don't blow any air and they are within just a few feet of the furnace. Quite frankly, I'm upset with this guy and feel like he should fix this problem. I told him it's like paying for a cadillac and, sure everything works fine, except the gas peddle.

Anyway, I hope this makes some sense to someone out there and they can advise me.

Again, thanks to all of the good advice I've received on this board... it hasn't failed me yet!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC