> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hurd windows
Login | Register

Hurd windows

Posted by Robert Lake on September 18th, 2002 02:16 PM
In reply to Hurd Windows by mary schultz on February 6th, 2001 04:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I wounld not recommend Hurd windows. This what is happening to me. I bought my house 5 years ago, it's a total of 10 yrs old. I had to replace so cedar siding because of water damage. Once I pulled back the water damaged fiberboard behind the cedar siding, I was amazed to see the water damage of the 4 vertical wood studs along my window down to a vertical base stud. The water has been leaking along the caulked area (this could also be an installation problem.) But I have a total of 3 areas of severe water damage all in the areas of the windows. I have sliding windows and with two of the windows I have a arch over the sliding window - basically all one unit. I can't repair just the sliding windows because the support the arch. Anderson windows said that would not replace the window with sliders because of too much weight from the arch. Plus the sliders are larger 5-6 feet. I think the weight of these windows sliding has caused the windows to break down. I'm looking at replacing 6 windows with renewal by Anderson. Alot of $$ - but done correctly!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC