> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hunter Fan wiring
Login | Register

Hunter Fan wiring

Posted by Fustrated Hunter Fan Owner on April 30th, 2003 08:18 AM
In reply to Ceiling Fan Wires by Meechelle Potts on March 18th, 2002 07:37 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 4 people found this post helpful

I bought 3 of your fans. One in the box, works great by the way. The other two were the last available display models. The ergonomic is the one I am currently working with. The vender cut the motor wires to nub, the wires stick one inch out of stem from the engine. The colors are red, pink, yellow, & gray. The fan came with NOTHING so home depot gave me a generic remote. The remote engine wires are black (live) and white (neutral). I only want fan to blow air down (I don't care about reversing the direction). I have tried different combinations of these wires to no avail. In fact, out of habit my wife flipped on the light switch out of habit, and gave me a bit of a shock. I have to look at my driver's license to remember my name, but I am sure this will pass.
Thank you for any help you can provide. I need this fan up last week.

. . . . . . .David

P.S. Hunter customer service line was completely useless and rude in this regard. The first "technical no-support rep" hung up on me because she did not know the answer. She said, "that is an engineering question, we are not allowed to give out that information". The second rep was just as rude and useless but at she put me on hold and "said" she asked a supervisor.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC