> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > hummm
Login | Register

Posted by Brewskie on June 6th, 2000 02:34 PM
In reply to siding by Steve Jones on June 4th, 2000 02:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

After re-reading my message it seems I may have misrepresented what I was trying to say. Maybe not what I was trying to say but *how* I was saying it. I meant no disrespect by post and I'm sorry if any was taken. That's one of the things I hate about forums such as's so hard to say what you mean when you can't give your message a voice reflection. I really sisn't mean to sound mean....

I agreee though that there are times that removing original fabric is the best thing to do. but I think people should be given every option available to them and that's what a forums such as this is suppoed to do. but I also think that whole-sale removal of original fabric should be the option of last resort.

There's been a lot of times when I would just remove original plasterwork. Sometimes it wold be just way too costly or time prohibitive to try to fix something that could, otherwise, be done comparatively faster and cheaper, yet attain better results.

But in this instance, with the removal of what could potentially be the entire outside of the building, I think the best option would be to find other remedies. Such as blown-in insulation or other things.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC