> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Huh?
Login | Register

Posted by Harold on May 4th, 2003 05:11 PM
In reply to I'm not sure how to take by Brian (Tankless) Wood. on May 4th, 2003 02:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Just checking. I have the same policy. It offends many DIY's; but I think it is worth it to explain that there is a real reason for codes and professional training; just as there is a real place and applications for tankless water heaters - and it is not just to save money, but to offer real benefits in the quality home and business. High-tech machinery has the handicap of requiring professional attention, so DIY's will have to respect the knowledge that is beyond their reach by hiring professionals that have it - unless they want to take up a new vocation.

I am amazed that homes centers will sell these units, perhaps they don't understand that in time the DIY's will hate them for providing something that takes more than a DIY can handle. Not even a full course on video will supply the knowledge; but a home center would sell that also. Now they'll have to have the counter man give hands-on instruction in high voltage and explosive gas handling.

You don't miss much Brian.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC