> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > HTML coding links
Login | Register

HTML coding links

Posted by tomh on July 11th, 2004 11:48 AM
In reply to Moderator? by BobF on July 11th, 2004 03:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

I tried to answer this question yesterday, but of course when I use HTML code in the response, it is converted into a link or is interpreted on the page as a different appearing character. Ever notice how you cannot include greater than (shift period) or less than (shift comma) signs? Those symbles initiate an HTML sequence that changes the appearance of text LIKE THIS.. All that was was a shift-comma b shift-period which starts the bold text and followed by the code shift-comma b slash shift-period which end it. Italics uses an i instead of a b.

Can you actually stay awake and read this? A LINK is created using a similar sequence. Again, we have to use text to represent the symbles because this page will modify the actual symbles. I will try to show an example that points to the ******* Fix-It Forum: ******* FAQ

The code that creates this link is:

shift-comma, a, space, href=, quote-mark,, end-quote, shift-period, ******* FAQ, shift-comma, slash, a, shift-period.

Spaces only where stated. no commas (used to show code pieces) The link starts with http and ends with .html, the message tag, or what you see on screen as the link is the ******* FAQ.

HTML coding is well documented and you can enter options to directly link, or to open a new window, or have mouse-over text. Thats my best shot, Hope it helps. If you look on a search for HTML links you should be able to find a page that shows what this looks like in text.

In that sequence the visible link tag "******* Fix-It" just tells the reader where the link is going. Each link sequence starts with a href= To see what the code for this message, and the page looks like, use your browser menu to VIEW SOURCE. You will see numerous a href= code sequences. These are everything from links at *******, to advertizements that appear on the page. You will eventually come to this message that is near the bottom. Let me know if this helps. If you post bad links, we can try to fix, or convert them to text (which is the easiest way). Like doug said, we often have to repair our links that are not input right.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC