> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > How very nice of you....
Login | Register

How very nice of you....

Posted by Moderator, Steve on August 27th, 2002 11:19 AM
In reply to AC woes by Diane in Houston on August 27th, 2002 10:33 AM [Go to top of thread]

we appreciate those nice comments. stay with us and keep on posting.

I am NOT a HVAC person at all, and I cannot assist you on all your differences of diagnosis from all those people. This is very sad.

Three years ago, we had a similar problem and we replaced the 25 year old compressor and fan assembly outside then the next year the original equip in the house acted up, we knew that 20 years and older is the key age for the consideration of a completely new HVAC unit. We did it because we did not want to replace equipment each year and end up paying twice the price of a completely compatible unit. We replaced all.

I do not know who you called out. I live in Dallas up the road from you and I know that you have Trane HVAC people down there. I would ask them to come out and perform a compression check on the entire unit and do not tell them that you have had others out and do not tell them what others have diagnosed. Then whatever they say, go with thier findings and act accordingly.

Maybe they can seal the unit up for you to last a few more months so that you can get into fall and winter and then save for the big investment in the spring. I personally think that your unit is reaching the age of termination and throwing more and more money at it will not help.

Good Luck. Was in Houston last weekend after the heavy rain checking on mother in law. Had water come into apartment. Not a neat site.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• AC woes by Diane in Houston  8/27/02 10:33 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC