I seem to be the only "nut" who likes to actually buy antique furniture and architectural elements with lead paint on them. I have found tons of articles on how this will kill me and my children, but none on how to possibly preserve the lead paint and seal it in. I have been putting a coat of clear, matte urethane on my lead painted stuff. Does anyone out there know if this will reduce, or eliminate the danger of poisoning? I love the look of chippy old paint, and need to find a way to convince my husband that we all won't die of lead poisioning soon. Please help!