Step By Step Instructions
To achieve the River Rock look you will need
the following tools.
· Ralph Lauren 4 Specialty Finish Roller
· Ralph Lauren 9 Specialty Finish Roller
· Ralph Lauren River Rock Finish
· Use a small trim brush to paint the finish
along the corner of the walls. (Helpful
Hint: It is natural for the first coat to
· Use the 4 unique finish roller to cut-in
a 28 wide border on the top and bottom
of the wall.
· Now, with a 9 roller, paint a 28 x 28
section using the V technique.
· Roll paint onto a second 28 x 28
section directly below the first, beginning to create a column. (Helpful Hint: Re-load
the roller after each 28 section.)
· When the entire column has been painted, use the roller to make a ceiling to
floor sweep. Do not add paint to the roller.
· Run the roller down the wall in vertical columns.
· Do not lift the roller from the wall on the final ceiling to floor sweep.
· Begin the next 28 wide column. Repeat steps until wall is complete.
· When you are finished with the first coat, allow the wall to dry for four hours
before beginning the second coat. (Helpful Hint: Make sure to minimize the
overlap of the 28 sections when painting the first coat.)
· Apply the second coat in the same manner as the first coat.
· Make the sections slightly smaller or larger than the first coat, so the two
sections do not overlap exactly. You do not want seams to line up. This will
minimize any streaking.
· It will take two days to complete this technique.