> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > how to install a telphone jack in an old house
Login | Register

how to install a telphone jack in an old house

Posted by Scott and Brenda Cockrell on December 17th, 2002 08:40 PM
In reply to installing telephone jacks by Lynette Garden on November 26th, 2002 11:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

We are tired of running our telephone cord to our main telephone jack. We have to run it at least 15 feet.

I want to install a telephone jack to the room where our computer is, but do not know how to rune the wire from the basement to the room above.

I looked in our basement and found the telephone junction wire (I don't know the correct terminology) box; however, I don't know if I can attach the wires to it and run it to the room above. I know how to install the jack but need to find out if I can wire it to the box, run the wire and have it operable from the computer room.

Do you know if this can be done? The telephone box inside our house is retangular with many metal prongs with telephone wires connecting to them that operate our telephones.

I hope this help and I would be greatly appreciated to you if you could help me out.

Many Thanks!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC