Well, I guess the title says it all. I bricked in my front step this weekend. After I laid the brick and mortar, I hosed off and brushed as much mortar off as I could. Their is still a slight residue. I have heard doing an "acid wash" with muratic acid from the local pool supply store will eliminate this.
Before I go messing around with acid, I thought I would reach out for some help. Meanwhile, my mortar is curing and I am growing concerned anything I do might be done too late.
What is the time frame on an acid wash? Once I buy muratic acid, what do I do with it? Should I poor it on directly? Scrub with a brush? What type of brush? Are rubber gloves, rubber boots, and eye protection enough? What other protection should I consider? What environmental concerns should I have? Does acid vaporize away? Or does it absorb into the removed material? How should I dispose of the removed material?