> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > How did it go? Have you thought about asbestos?
Login | Register

How did it go? Have you thought about asbestos?

Posted by Andrew Chambers on December 30th, 2002 02:04 PM
In reply to removal of popcorn ceilings by wally sorearm on October 22nd, 2002 02:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Popcorn removal Answer by Handyman on 01/30/2008

How did it go? Have you thought about asbestos?

My wife and I are in the middle of negotiations for our 1st house and the entire house is smothered in that ugly popcorn coating. Our plan is to remove all of it but we have a few concerns…
1) The house was built in 1978 so it may contain asbestos (my understanding is prior to the early eights they used it in some popcorn). We are going to have it tested at a local lab in town ($25 and 24 hours is all we need apparently)
2) How can I tell if it’s been painted? It looks sealed but I’m not sure if that means its been painted. Any suggestions?
3) How much does it cost to hire somebody to remove it? Our house is 2400 sq ft and every ceiling is covered in the stuff. I heard it cost one guy 3000 to remove asbestos filled popcorn by a company.

Any suggestions by experienced popcorn removers would be appreciated. Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC