> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > How 'Bout ...
Login | Register

How 'Bout ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on November 20th, 2001 08:42 AM
In reply to Internal Dryer Venting by JC in MA on November 19th, 2001 03:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi JC,

Harold is right. I advise against ANY method to vent that kind of air into a closed room. Even if Maurice's idea works, you'll still load the house up with WAY more moisture than what you should have. And that leads to ALL kinds of problems, respiratory and otherwise. By the way - What do the rest of the units do??? (Are you in apartment-type condos or townhouse-type condos???)

If the dryer is near a window, maybe you can cut a SMALL piece of plywood that's a bit wider than the dryer hose but the EXACT height of a nearby window, and just run the tubing right out the window ONLY when you need to dry. If you do it in the dark, maybe no one will complain. It may 'crimp' your style a bit but what the heck.

The duct shouldn't run very far. The shorter, the better. I'd PRIME and paint the plywood (black) so it doesn't draw that much attention. Keep the duct free and clear of lint (since you're installing it and removing it a lot.) Other than that, I think it's better to hit the Laundrymat.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: You can always argue that your vent isn't a permanent one.

PPS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC