> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > how about this
Login | Register

how about this

Posted by tom on January 4th, 2003 05:16 PM
In reply to Tom- by David on January 4th, 2003 09:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

I went up again and the flu is double wall,there is a metal plate around the flu,about 12" square,but beside there was another hole which was not covered up,you can see the chimmeny from the first level up ,the space is about 12"x24",Should that hole be covered up by the firestop too?If not then should it not have been covered up with poly and insulation.

I also went back further where the water was coming out of the wall and i noticed every nail from the shingles has ice hanging off of them,and the osb is very froze up a lot of water is was soaked up by this,but only on the one side of the house.then I moved some of the insulation,and the poly is very wet,and you can see on the top cap of the walls where the water was going down and sitting.
You know I did notice the last couple of years that I was getting a lot of water on the sidewalk outside,and I guess I never put it all together.

We did call the insurance company,and there are going to give us a call next week.We're not to sure if this is going to be a claim or not,but there is no noticeable damage on the inside of the house,but there could be a lot of damage behind the scenes where we can't see it at all.What is funny about all of this is we just wanted to paint our bedroom,not tear the house apart.what else is funny is the middle of our attic you can stand straight up,and we were thinking about making that into a storage area for boxes and christmas decorations and stuff,maybe if everthing goes all right,we can do that while fixing this,the only big problem is where are we going to get the cash to do this.
Thanks for all your help Dave!!!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Reply by David  1/4/03 09:12 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC