> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > How about a big and hungy snake -
Login | Register

How about a big and hungy snake -

Posted by Limited options on December 3rd, 2001 02:06 PM
In reply to Mice Wont go Away!!!! by Lisa on December 1st, 2001 11:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

Just kidding, can't stand those things... I had this same problem. 100 year old farm house, surrounded on three sides with crop land. I fought for two plus years and begged the landlord for permission to get a indoor cat. No success. Then I was informed by one of my old farmer buddies that mice are looking for two things, housing and food. Since under the house is just as good as in the house (as far as the mouse is concerned) the trick was to get under the hose and provide them something to eat. That would keep them from coming up into the house looking for food. But feeding them without killing them off does no good, you will just be feeding a whole bunch of mice. I put out several boxes of decon twice a year (under the house) and have only seen 1 mouse in four years. Prior to that I was hauling out 3-4 a day (traps). Never have had a problem with the pets (outdoor cats and dog) getting a hold of a poisoned mouse, but if you are worried about the dog mabey you could move him out for a few weeks while you address the mouse issue. The peppermint idea sounds allot like the hot pepper oil trick for stopping them from eating live stock feed, but all that does is keep them from eating the feed. They just go looking somewhere else for food. I have had several tell me that the old smelly moth balls stop them from hanging around, but it didn't work for me. I had the whole house smelling like moth balls and still had those suckers living it up and eat anything they could get a hold of.

Just wish I could do something about these moles, They plow and drill the ground so much around me that my yard is full of them...........

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC