> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > house sinking
Login | Register

house sinking

Posted by Francis Romano on April 11th, 2003 10:20 AM
In reply to well, by Steve: on January 25th, 2001 08:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

We purchased a double wide mobile home that has been here since 1966 on the same peice of land, as you may know it rains alot here in Oregon, and our house gets plenty of water. The problem I need to solve is, if this house has been here since 1966, should it have settled by now. I have been having a hard time with my house shifting all of a sudden due to a large amount of water that has built up, due to a broken water pipe. My insurance adjuster claims that this damage that has droped one side of my home an 18 of an inch, and has began to seperate, and crack walls shift doors, and split ceiling panals. this has accured in the las 2 months. We had the house inspected by a contractor before we bought it, and he claimed that the foundation was stable, and even had it appraised by a reputable company. which gave us a great appraisal, after inspecting the entire home. If you can give me some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC