> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > House sinking
Login | Register

House sinking

Posted by Oliver Tu on March 19th, 2003 06:26 AM
In reply to Foundation crack and sinking house by Kathy Justice on January 30th, 2002 05:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

I purchased a 1998 built house in 2001. The back side of the house has evidence of sinking, with the 1 to 1.5 cm distance between the floor and the wall. We did not know much about this condition at that time and the home inspector we hired noted the problem but did not bring it up as a thing to be fixed by the prior owner (who also was the builder) prior to our purchase. We are now in the process of listing our house for sale and our real estate agent noted the problem and asked a engineer to assess the problem.

So, whose responsibility is it to fix the problem, we the current owners, or the prior owner/contractor?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC