> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > House framing
Login | Register

House framing

Posted by bc on February 21st, 2000 03:53 PM
In reply to Framing by Dennis on February 21st, 2000 01:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm not sure what stage you are in, but the house framing starts with the foundation, basement, slab, and footings. There are different ways but I last used a transit and then oriented the site to the property lines(find the corner stakes), the proper setback, proper foundation height, and double check that with adjoining houses and the street. Then use stakes, flags, batter boards, string lines, and spray paint to mark where to dig. Triangulate the corners using the 3 4 5 method and then measure the caty corners and hopefully get the same measurement. Your footings will be wider and you also need to allow for a brick ledge if using brick. When your foundation is done your framing layout is done.

Look at the building plans. I assume someone may point out a website that has this information for you. By the way, what are the other answers you got? Maybe someone here has tried them and can tell you if they work or not. Post back and good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• Framing by Dennis  2/21/00 01:06 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC