Actually we had a quick go through tonight again and I think that the stuff on the bottom of the house on the outside is rising damp....there is also black mould I think around windows a bit etc.....they said that the problem was not enough vents because some had been cemented over when they cemented around the house and built the front porch.
The floors are probably more solid than we think(we hope lol), but it is the mould/damp that looks worrying.....how do you stop it?
Is it enough to prevent lung problems etc, to remove mould or old mould with bleach or something similar, scrub like around inside window frames and wall edges and then repaint with some sort of antimould paint etc and then try and keep the house as dry as possible inside and adding extra vents outside and sandblasting render and re-rendering then repaint the outside?
There is a damaged downpipe down that corner with the rotted piece and the roof doesnt look as new as we thought, I hope the blackdirt specs on the roof are dirt and not mould.....we will have a look inside the roof ourselves this weekend hopefully and if it is ok in there than that will be an added relief. The wood around the porch roof is rotted obviously from the guttering I'd say....so who knows....
The reason we want it.....I dont know....I suppose we just want our own house already and being double brick is attractive, it is cheaper than other houses in the street that have big problems also and the other newish houses are not double brick and are in rough areas.
Also it would be annoying to lose our inspection monies....although I think we are paying for the inspections for nothing because they are on the home owners side.
As for all the Americans telling me that by law you can sue for undisclosed problems if you buy it, that is crap because in Australia with everything really you have no re-course...it is buyer beware.
If we can stop the damp happening again and stop the mould happening again and also the rot and if the floors are polishable it will be great.
The bathroom on second look isnt as we thought...it is pretty good actually...although the front chimney has paint coming off in a big sheet, probably because of mould/damp.
Any other ppl out there had to deal with any of these problems like mould/damp in your houses? What did you do to prevent mould etc?