> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hourly rate sometimes comes into play
Login | Register

Hourly rate sometimes comes into play

Posted by Moderator, Steve on September 24th, 2002 11:04 AM
In reply to An observation by carl on September 24th, 2002 12:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

I do think that the amount of time on a project has a direct bearing on the amount of labor to charge. If you break down my labor estimate and Scott's estimate you will get this. If I can install a frame/door in three hours charging $125, thats about $45 an hour. If Scott takes 5 hours and charges $250, then that extrapulates to $50. So actually we are together on a hourly charge, but different on time.

My market bears what I charge and I could charge allot more, but would I install any more or fewer doors? That becomes another regional thing. Maybe that rate is the going rate in Scotts area. Then by no reason should he go under that if his door business is moving forward.

But in my area, I would not be installing doors anymore. Home depot makes it work because the convenience of buying the door there and setting up install there tooo. You do not have to search and test and interview and research a good door person. You know that HD will back the install and the door.

This has gotten out of hand and some mis understandings might be brewing, which I personally do not want. Whatever labor Scott is charging that is his business and his alone. If 5 hours is his install time, then I would charge the same too.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC