> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hot/Cool Tub
Login | Register

Hot/Cool Tub

Posted by Henry in MI on August 13th, 1998 12:36 PM
In reply to Tell you what I do....... by Bruce M on August 12th, 1998 11:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

What somebody needs to do is invent a tub that keeps the top part of you cool and your back hot. The hot shower to relax those back muscles that I only use on the weekends then the cool one works about the best for me. The beer sounds pretty good too but I haven't had one in years. :o( At least I get to go to the NASCAR race this weekend while Mamaliz and the rugrats go "up North". He long suffering hubby gets to stay home and dog sit.

In your post about finishes for knotty pine, you just thought you got them all. We had knotty pine walls in the basement that my dad built in the mid-'50's. He used white paint as a wiping stain to give it a pickled look. I don't think that there was any varnish or shellac over the top, since it would have yellowed. Sure glad that I don't have to think about refinishing that. You would never get a color match and sanding all the grooves and curves would have been a bear.

Sure was nice of somebody to paint all your copper gutters. Did you steel wool to bring back a shine and let it patina from there or did it look like it was patinaed after the heat gun?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC