> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hot attic
Login | Register

Hot attic

Posted by Brian (Tankless) on May 22nd, 2000 06:50 PM
In reply to Need a contractor to install attic and whole-house fans by Nelson Bolyard on May 22nd, 2000 03:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Nelson: Watch out for those two characters, they might just inadvertantly get you fixed up with what you need. Ho ho. If Jim were twins, he could open up shop in San Jose too. OK! another suggestion for you: I charge $0.70/mile, I live in South Lousyanna, that's a 3,800 mile round trip, $1,000 for the fan job, I hope you have a spare room, boiled crawfish, gumbo and boudin sausage, or it's no deal. But seriously, if you want to prevent the heat building up in the first place, please look into installing radiant barrier foil insulation in your attic, on the underside of the roof. Look at two websites, they belong to Mr Johnny Barrios, who is an expert at lowering utility bills. Find them at: & when you call him, tell him Brian Wood (of tankless water heater fame) in Lake Charles sent you. I'm sure he can ship to wherever you are, or will help you locate a reputable supplier locally. His company is: Solar Designs/USA, and his toll free # is 1 800 717 8773. Good luck, Brian in swampland.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC