> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Hoops
Login | Register

Posted by P. Heidke on April 1st, 2004 08:06 PM
In reply to Say what?!? by A Real Homebuilder (150+ units annually) on March 31st, 2004 11:48 AM [Go to top of thread]

To The dork that thinks he knows it all. Concrete for a basketball hoop is not going to be affected by a few rocks in the hole. In the 1940's builders hired kids to gather up rocks and such and place them into the wet cement so as not to cause any unneeded expense. This is not the case today as homes do not use this practice. However, all those old homes have not fallen down either. A basketball hoop will require minimal strength and in an attempt to save this poor guys back a little, he will have no problem using a few rocks in the wet cement to brace the pole as he pours around it and save a few bucks to boot. Not to mention the springs on the GMC. Who am I? I am an experienced home builder who likes to help people not cut them down. My least expensive home is over 7 figures and I have been used by prominent attroneys in the area as an expert witness because of my experience and know how. I even have building inspectors asking me questions regarding sensitive design criteria because of my experience in the high end arena and because of my experience with Architects. You should dig up afew basketball hoops and see how many rocks were placed in the hole! Years of use never hurt them either. And if you think a few rocks in wet cement will kill some body you should go back to engineering school. Have a nice day!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC