> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Home Inspection ???
Login | Register

Home Inspection ???

Posted by Jay J on February 14th, 2000 10:49 AM
In reply to detailed list of items for closing purposes by D Mitchell on February 13th, 2000 09:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

My ASHI-approved Home Inspector had a list in the 'kit' I got. Do you have an attorney? Did you have a home inspection??? If you're paying a 30-year mortgage, figure out how much you'll pay over 30 years for your home. Then, compare that cost to what it will cost to have a Real Estate Attorney and a Home Inspection. Then ask yourself, "Is a few hundred $$$ too much $$$ to pay for peace-of-mine???" The bank has an attorney look over the papers EVERY time they approve a mortgage. AND, they do this all the time! You're doing this probably once or twice in your life. (I'm assuming you have no attorney or had an inspection. I'm sorry; it's a peeve of mine ...)

Here are a couple of links that will be of use BUT don't forget to get an attorney and an ASHI-approved inspector. I usually hear about the 'problems' when it's too late, and either an attorney or inspector would have caught the 'problem'. Know that you CAN have an inspection on a NEW home too. Usually, the inspectors make 4+ visits to the house while it's being built. They'll do an inspection on a completed home too.

Free Pre-Settlement Walkthrough Check-List - (It's MORE than one page, and is 'Continued' at the bottom),
Doing A Walk-Through I - (This may be for NEW homes so check it out.)
Doing A Walk Through II - (This may be for NEW homes too but again, check it out.)

My best to ya and hope this helps. This advice is FREE and it comes from the heart.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC