> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Home inspection
Login | Register

Home inspection

Posted by Brian on February 18th, 2003 10:03 AM
In reply to home inspection by tomh on February 18th, 2003 09:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Kathleen, I just bought a home. I found a beautiful 2300 sq. ft. home on a .38 acre corner lot in a well established neighborhood. I used a buyers agent for about two weeks and I found that I was doing all of the work, not her. I found the houses on the internet and gave her the info. The only thing she did was take me to the houses. I told my wife that this was not worth paying her for this minor service that had became a frustrating endeavor. I got rid of the agent and found my home by driving around and looking for FSBO homes. I saved about $6,000 by not using an agent. The sellers obviously didn't use one either. The buying experience was a very personable and pleasant experience. I will NEVER use an agent again, to either buy or sell a home. It is so easy to do yourself and you can get ALL of the same paperwork that the agents get at your local copy store. As for the inspection, I strongly recomend a full home inspection. I did it and I feel a great peace of mind KNOWING that my home is sound. The home inspector found nothing wrong with my home, but what if there had been something wrong, then what? I would never have known. Then if the next buyers to buy it from me did a full inspection, I would be up the creek because I would be reponsible for fixing it. GET THE WHOLE HOME INSPECTION THAT INCLUDES THE PEST INSPECTION, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, STRUCTURAL, ROOF, AND FOUNDATION. You will regret it if you don't and you will never be able to sleep wondering what could be wrong with your home. If your agent is telling you not to get the whole inspection, the there indeed could be something wrong with the home and the agent just wants their $. I hope I have helped. By the way, when I did get my home inspection, I found some really good thing out about the home. My home was built in 1978 and I thought that would be a bad thing. Well, it turned out to be a good thing. I found out that my home is more structurly sound and stronger than the homes built today and that my floors are full one inch thick tounge and groove boards. Basically I found out professionally that my home is indestructible. A little bit of an exaduration, but this is how my family and I feel and we would never have know without spending that minor amount of money.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC