> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Home building
Login | Register

Home building

Posted by cybermimby on April 22nd, 2003 09:42 AM
In reply to Self-contract (sort of) by james morgan on November 23rd, 2001 12:55 PM [Go to top of thread]

We are building a home. We are the general contractor. We have supervised and watched. The guy who did the concrete and framing took too long and did several (15) things wrong (different from the plans). Some had to be fixed and some had to be left that way. He added some things to make up for his mistakes (or so we thought) and now he wants us to pay $4000 over what the contracted amount was---because the crooked concrete stairs are worth a $50 credit and the extra work he did is worth $500 each(or so he says)--. Do I have any recourse so that he does not put a lein on the house if I don't pay this amount? He has been paid the abount of the original contract and we did not have a signed addendum to that contract for any of the additional work.
Help Help Help
I feel like I am being taken for a ride.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC